Thursday, June 26, 2008

My last week, in pictures.

Finished my trade-show crud this week.
Here are a couple layouts--and a sneak peek of some new product coming out.


I know these pictures are craptastically out of focus, but I love the kids' expressions.


We spent the whole day at Lagoon.

We have discovered that we are raising wussy-boys. They chickened out on almost every ride. Shianne was raring to go on everything, and Mikayla was willing to try anything they let her go on. She is still about four inches shy of being able to ride anything remotely risky. She and I were very content to spend some quality time together riding in Kiddie-land.

I must say, the Lady-bug Drop is the best-kept secret in the park. Heh.

Now just a warning to the ladies out there...who is this hottie McHotness??

Well, he is the father to five:

But sadly, he is taken...by this lady, who looks like she is wearing a glowing beaver-skin cap on her head.

It is this photo, and the day spent in the sweltering heat of Lagoon that made me say "Why do I keep all this hair?"
So bright and early yesterday morning, I went down to a hair salon and said "Take it off."
What I actually said was "Trim it to my shoulders and lightly layer it to take some weight off."
What that translated to was "Chop this bob off to my chin, and chunk some chunks."
I hated my hair so much that I don't know if this is a good cut or a bad cut.
I don't care.
I just know it is different, and if I would have worn my hair in a pony-tail or a loose braid down my back ONE MORE TIME, I would have been arrested as a polygamist. It needed to go.
I know you will want to see it, right?
Fine.
But know that I am still in that post-new-haircut learning curve, and it might get better.
Then again, it might not.
Cause I don't care.
I have suffered from low hair self-esteem for so long that now I am completely indifferent.

The best part, Sam is not a short hair on girls kind of a guy.
He had been having a terrible day at work.
That will happen, when you opt to golf instead of work on a frequent basis. Things tend to get backed up that way.
Work, Schmurk.
So he came home from work, and took one look at my new do and said "MAN! My day keeps getting worse, and worse."
He spent the rest of the day trying to take those words back.
And the night on the couch.
Okay, not really.

So there is your update.
We have been busy here.
I can't believe June is gone...
And I found a good quote:
“Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.”
--John Lennon

So, here's to wasting some quality time this weekend!

11 comments:

Mike, Torie and Boys said...

So cute. I love it. I can't wait to see it in person. I think you look hot.

laura vegas said...

you look totally hot up there on that bike with your equally hot husband! although the one with the biker kids is so cute! and i love the new haircut ... looks so easy and natural ... and cooler for summer! lol!

Mag Family said...

I love the haircut. It is really cute. I also love the motorcycle, it makes Sam look hot!

Deneen said...

The new cut looks good so wear it proud! What's with men and long hair LOL

Lora3677 said...

Love the haircut!! and I have to agree with everyone else... your man is H-O-T!!! ;)

Heather said...

Umm, yeah he is pretty hot. I get that way about my hair too... get really frustrated & go all drastic. I don't think you should regret it though- it looks great. LO's look cool too!

Sara said...

Look at you & your hottie husband!! Love your LO's. Totally lovin' your new haircut!!

Amy Sorensen said...

Cute hair, and I LOVE the motorcyle photos! We've got Lagoon on our July agenda, and I'm alternating...not sure if I am excited or not.

If it makes you feel better, I showed Kendell my new glasses today, and he said "Geeeez, why are you trying so hard to look like your mother?" RUDE!!!

Anonymous said...

Holy cute hair! I love it!!

Kasey said...

I went in and asked for the same thing to cut layers and 2 inches off. Well about 7 inches later it is short! I don't know what to do. It is too short for me. But will be all grown when I see you in October!

Peg Graham said...

Shaunte-your haircut is sooooo gorgeous!!!!You look fabulous!