Sunday, June 08, 2008

Random Things

Good Morning!
Pulling another late-nighter, trying to get things done.
Sigh.

Anyway, I don't do blog-tags, (NIKI!) but if I did, then here are 21 random things about me. I don't have much else to write about anyway.

1- Feet skeeve me. I should clarify, that I looooove baby feet. And tiny toddler feet. Up until about age four. Then they are just gross.
2- I don't eat things colored blue. With the exception of peppermint Extra gum, which they just switched from white to blue?
3- I still wear crew socks. I don't like my ankles rubbing on my pants like they do with ankle length (or shorter) socks. I throw them away if the elastic gets loose, and they start sliding down my leg like quitters.
4- I read on the toilet. Sorry, but I do. I know lots of people get freaked out by that, but I refuse to just sit there. And sometimes, it takes some sittin.'
5- I get really bothered when Sam and I are out on a date and he takes calls on his cell phone. Sometimes I imagine myself rolling down the window and tossing that thing onto the freeway.
6- I really hate my hair, but I don't know what to do with it.
7- I have never been able to grow fingernails. They crack and break when they reach the end of my fingers.
8- I am not an animal lover. There! I said it. I wanted to be, but I am just...not.
9- Ditto Country Music.
10- I like fanny packs. (But you probably already knew that.)
11- I hoard shampoo. I ran out once. The kids dumped it down the drain, I didn't notice, and the next morning I had nothing to wash with. I have never forgotten. I always have several bottles in the cupboard.
12- When Sam snuggles in bed next to me, I don't like to feel his breath on the back of my neck. I always make a pillow wall.
13- I hate belching. And it happens a lot here. I think it is like farting with your mouth.
14- Sometimes when I am cooking, I pretend I have my own cable cooking show. There is a dialog running through my head, and I chop all fancy-like. My audience likes me.
15- I can drink water through my nose. I also tried milk. Once.
16- I am scared to be the Mom to teenagers. I don't feel like I will be able to relate, but I am excited to be a Grandma. I think that I will have that one nailed.
17- I like cookies. (Hey, Wendy!) Especially Lorna Doone's. They always give those out when you give blood for the Red Cross. Guess who gives blood as often as she can? This chick!
18- I love office supplies. When I was little I used to play like I worked in an office. I spent my babysitting money on stamp pads and paperclips and white-out. I ended up working in an office, and always liked it.
19- I love to organize, I just can't seem to KEEP things organized.
20- I love the smell of the redwood decking aisle at Home Depot. And gas at the gas pumps. And Staz-on black ink pads. Oh, and Marks-A-Lot markers. (NO! I do not sniff them often.)
21- I don't let my feet dangle over the side of the bed, and when I get out of bed, I always jump far enough away that the freaky clown living under my bed can't grab my ankles and drag me under the bed. Yep. And I am pushing 36...still have that irrational fear.

So that's a few funkarific facts about me.
You can make fun of me now.
I am heading to bed.

7 comments:

Dawn Knapp said...

LOL at #12!!! I'm the same way and make a "pillow wall" too! My husband thinks it's rude, I call it practical.

Mag Family said...

I too read on the toilet. Nobody bugs you and you get a lot read. And I absolutely hate the husbands cell phone.

Mimi said...

Cool facts! Many of them I share, especially that reading spot.

All8 said...

BAH ha ha ha.............

Kristin said...

you know why at 36 we are afraid of the creepy killer clown under our beds? it's because of that 80's movie, Poltergeist. i don't know if your parents let you watch it, but mine unfortunately did ... and i really HATE clowns.

Jen Gallacher said...

I love this!! :) I hate the cell phone thing too! ARG!!

Kasey said...

Guess I will remember not to burp with you in the room at getaway in October.