Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Happy Toolsday Afternoon

I came across a cool website for those of us who are color challenged.
Lets say you want to paint your bedroom, and you have a decorative pillow that you love, and would like to base the color scheme of the room on, but are not sure what exactly to do?

You can take a photo of the pillow, and upload it to this site. Then the site generates colors for you, based on the pillow.

You can do the same thing with a photo, and it will give you a place to start on your layout, suggesting a color palette.

I thought it was a great time waster!
And a good tool.
HERE is the link.

And then there is this little guy.
I have been doing some altered mod-podged projects lately.
I have to glue the paper on the item, and then flip it over, and cut the paper down to fit. I have found the best tool for this is an exacto knife. With my regular exacto knife, after a project or two, my fingers hurt.

Not with this thing.

I swear, I want to just wear this fingertip exacto knife around as an everyday accessory. Kinda like Edward Scissorhands. I could be Edward Exacto-knife hands.
Or something.

It was three bucks well spent.

And my last tool of this Toolsday, is the Bath and Body Works Wallflower.

I have tried a lot of plug into the wall air fresheners, and this one is the best. The fragrance is subtle, and lasts a long time.
I like Cotton Blossom, it is a clean scent.
I also like Pink Hibiscus. A nice floral.
I avoid food-y scented things, like Mint Chocolate Chip they tend to make me want to eat.
If you have tried these Wallflowers, what scent do you like?
It's hard to tell until you plug them in and give them a whirl.

Anyway, these are my tools for this Tuesday.
Also, Costco Online Photo Lab is still broken.
I want to scream.

4 comments:

Mag Family said...

I love the Wallflower. My favorite scents are: for the fall: Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin, Creamy Nutmeg, and Spiced Cider; and for the rest of the year I like fresh linen, and tropical sorbet. YUMM

Mag Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lora3677 said...

I love my wall flowers.... I like juicy nectarine, cotton blossom, and mango mandrain... i'm a citrus-y girl. :)

Jenn said...

Ditto Niki, love tropical sorbet!!