Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Blog Challenge


This entry is in response to Sophia's blog challenge to blog about where you live.

I have lived in Lehi, Utah pretty much my whole life. When I was a little girl, my parents and I lived in various rentals for a few years until they built their current home.

Sam and I grew up a couple of blocks from each other. We went to high school together. I never thought I would marry a nerdly local boy! Lehi High school (home of the Pioneers....?!? [real tough-sounding mascot, eh]) was small enough when we went there that everyone knew everyone else. Now it is huge, they have added onto the school several times over, and will be needing a second high school soon.

After Sam and I married, we lived in a cheap apartment in the ghettos of Provo before we built our current home in Lehi. Both our parents still live here, as well as most of our siblings. Awesome for babysitting!

A lot has changed with my small town. It isn't small anymore. It used to be that on Saturday night you would see almost everyone at Kohlers, the local grocery store, stocking up on last-minute items before church the next day.

There were three local mom and pop places to eat in town, Porter's Place, the Broadcaster, and my junior year in high school Vittles fast food moved in. Since then, we have added Wendy's, Subway, KFC/Pizza Hut, and I knew we hit the big time when we got our own McDonalds!

Of course we are most famous for the Lehi Roller Mills. Do you recognize it? LOL! They filmed parts of "Footloose" here, in the 80's. Kevin Bacon danced in my fine town. Put us right on the map! The Roller Mills is still a functioning flour mill. They have yummy mixes. https://www.lehirollermill.com/comersus/estore/

Although I really hate Utah weather, I love where I live. I can't imagine living anywhere else. Unless I need to run from the law, then I will be happy eating pineapples on a beach somewhere in Mexico. ¡Buenas vacaciones! Hasta luego.

6 comments:

Amy said...

Your entry blasted me to the past...I didn't ever live in Lehi, but I did work at the Vittles in PG when I was in High School. Super greasy, but yummy! Well, I kinda feel like I lived in Lehi because I worked at Mellor Banquets for years. Too fun!

Amy said...

Your entry blasted me to the past...I didn't ever live in Lehi, but I did work at the Vittles in PG when I was in High School. Super greasy, but yummy! Well, I kinda feel like I lived in Lehi because I worked at Mellor Banquets for years. Too fun!

Amy said...

Your entry blasted me to the past...I didn't ever live in Lehi, but I did work at the Vittles in PG when I was in High School. Super greasy, but yummy! Well, I kinda feel like I lived in Lehi because I worked at Mellor Banquets for years. Too fun!

Adrienne said...

What a great entry!!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow small world. My cousin lives in Lehi and is always trying to get me to move there LOL. Sounds like you have great memories there as well.

Jennia Hart said...

This was a fun challenge. I enjoyed reading about "your" Lehi!!