Monday, April 10, 2006

Where is MY doughnut!!?


Our elementary school has had "Dads, Dudes and Doughnuts" for several years now. Each grade has one day a year where the Dads show up to the school, packing blankets and books, and the kid and their Dad (or if unavailable, their chosen "Dude") sprawl out in the cafeteria, and read and eat a glazed doughnut from the local country bakery.

Well, I guess enough Mom's complained and wanted to get in on the action, so they started "Mom's, Math and Munchies."

Lets just go ahead and say that Math is not my strongest suit. Admittedly, I still count on my fingers. My multiplication is shaky. I have made do in my life, and have come to terms with the fact that anything to do with Math requires me to go into survival mode. For instance, the only way I can figure out how much 30% off something really is, is to figure 10%, 10%, 10%. To double a recipe that calls for 2/3 of a cup of something is to just measure 2/3 of a cup of that something two times, and dump it in. My friends know this. They count for me at Bunco. I have to take their word for it whether I win or not.

So really, for me, "Mom's, Math and Munchies" is public humiliation.

Math games. Two words that *really* shouldn't belong together. Much like diet butter. And the "munchies..." Oooooo boy. This time they went all out and gave us all dixie cups full of Goldfish Crackers---but not the original Goldfish. The new and improved "Colored" Goldfish. They look and smell like cat food. Found the above photo online--sorta shows you the visual appeal. I like the additon of the scum cleaning net....

All in all, a great way to start a day. Some Math, and some cat food, and its not even noon.

No comments: