Friday, April 28, 2006

I went biking.

I rode a bike yesterday, for the first time in about six years. HA! It was my husband's bike, which meant that to get on and off I had to use the curb....my legs are too short by about three inches, and that center bar hits me really, really wrong.

His bike had the bike seat attached to it. You know, those car-seat type chairs that bolt on the back. I always wondered why they have seatbelts in those suckers. If that bike is going down, wouldn't it be better for the child to be ejected, than to skid exposed flesh across the gravel?!? Anyway, we have had the bike, and the seat since before the twins, and then realized one seat didn't help us, unless we were to stack them. Thus, we ended the family biking days.

I rode it to pick up my three year-old from my Mom's house. All of the car problems we have been having left me with no vehicle. I didn't go to the gym, so I thought it would be good for me.

Why? WHY!!??

What masochist designs bike seats? Who are they comfortable for? They are like torturous, cement butt-wedgies. There is no way to shift positions to make it any easier to take. I have ridden bikes in various weight stages throughout my life. Skinny heinie, fat heinie....it always hits those stupid bones.

It is the next day, and dang. My butt....

I need to find a banana seat, or a tractor seat. Or just not bike anymore.

Not to mention the fact that carting around a three-year-old that shifts, flips around and points at everything made me clench my "cheeks" a little, for grip. The bike was wobbling all over everytime Mikayla moved on me. That didn't help. I was sure we were going to go down a few times, and it would have been real ugly, since I can't reach the ground.

4 comments:

Tracy said...

lol! You make me sore just reading about your adventure. Good luck with the banana seat!

Robyn said...

OMG...you are too funny!!! I was wincing reading that!

Adrienne said...

ROFLOL!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Ouch! :)