Monday, April 24, 2006


We'll get to the picture later--

Whew! Spring Break is over, thankfully I am back to a more normal (kid-less) (husband-less) routine.

Sent the kids off to school, and hit the gym. My gym has a new cardio theater! This thing is AWESOME! A huge screen, with a whole lotta cardio equipment. They play fairly current movies, that rotate. Today I watched the last part of Dodgeball, and the first part of Hitch. I have seen both of them before, but forgot pretty much everything, so it was a very good gym day for me. Good entertainment. And the best part, is it is pitch-black in there, and LOUD so no one can see you making those grimace faces or hear you huff. Now if only they served up hot buttered popcorn...I could go for that.

We didn't do anything special for Spring Break. Just hung out a lot, watched some movies, did some yard-work, and stayed up way too late. The weather was great, and we spent a lot of time outdoors.

Sam and the boys played basketball and 500 with the football. I snapped some pictures, and caught the classic above.

Sam and his family are the most competitive people I know. They are out for a win every time! I grew up in a family where people let you win to be nice. Dad would conveniently trip right before the finish line, and us kids would sail on past him, red-cheeked and triumphant.

Sam's mom will mow down any grandkid that gets in the way of her lay-up. Naturally, Sam is still competitive. He truly believes that to this day (at 34) with a *little* practice, he could walk on to most college athletic teams. I am glad he is confident. I lost that somewhere around 25.

Now look at the photo of my husband, and our nine-year-old. See how Jayden was in position to catch the ball? Oh wait, what's this? 210 pounds of DAD right up in his grill. Yep. Look at his face. Smug superiority. He caught it! And the crowd goes wild.....!

Better luck next time, Jayden. But niiiiiice tighty-whiteys.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shaunte sounds like our husbands could be brothers, mine is very competitive too!
I must say it is so nice to have my children back in school this week as well they had a little too much together time last week and the weather wasn't that great here for them to run off some of that extra energy.
Take Care

taniawillis said...

girl, you are too much.
love the commentary.