Saturday, May 30, 2009

It wasn't by chance.

I found these shorts at Satan's Warehouse the other day while I was shopping.
As a side note, I discovered a new shopping tactic to beat the "shopping at Walmart headache."

I wear my iPod.

I no longer hear the annoying calls for CSM's over the intercom, the squeaky wobbly wheel on the cart I always seem to get...or my children.
Everything is always a little more enjoyable done to the beat of Lady Gaga and her "Pokerface."

Anyway, these shorts:
They caught my eye because they are longer shorts, and hit me at my knee.
This is a rare and good thing.
I bought two pair.
These in gray, and some bright summery orange ones.

They are my new uniform.

One on my body, and a pair in the wash.
They can go to the gym!
Plus, they were only eight bucks.

I wear them when I:
Go roller blading on my new! blades!

I had a gift card to Target,(thanks Crystal!) and when I saw these blades, I knew it was meant to be.

I had a pair of blades years ago, and at some point my boys commandeered them. They were black and gray, and unisex.
Not my new ones.
I don't think my boys will steal the pink blades.

I am bringing blading back for the pushin' 40 crowd!
I have been all over the neighborhood in these.
I have had several ladies come out of the closet and admit that they too love to blade and "should really pull my blades out one of these days."
Of course, some folks also laugh at me.

That's okay.

Cause when my inner thighs stop rubbing together cause they are tight like a tiger, who will be laughing then? Huh? Who?!

So my knee shorts, teamed up with the blades that hit me mid-calf, I figure by the end of the summer I will have the tannest kneecaps ever. Unless they are covered in scabs from me potentially biffing it.

The blades have come in particularly handy for working off my latest food baby.
We went out to eat with a group of friends the other night.
We went to Tucanos.
LINK
They have some buffet bars with delicious salads and side dishes.
Then, they also have these wonderful ethnic servers who come around with spears of freshly BBQ ed meats.
Fragrant, marinated meats.
Juicy, savory meats.

And when you are so full...so, so FULL, they keep coming.
"Ma'am jou like sim brow shoogar pork?"
"Oh no, I am full" you say patting your food baby.
And then they give you that look.
Like you just refused to look at the pictures of their bambinos they proudly display in their wallets.

So you accept more meat.
And you eat it.
And your food baby grows.
My stomach didn't know what to do with:
ALL.
THAT.
FOOD.
"Wow, she is still eating, huh? Well, just shove some of it down there in that colon. Yeah, keep shoving, it should fit. It can stretch."

And for three days afterwards you have gastrointestinal pain identical to labor pain.
Clear down in your lower back and into your spine...and bum, where you can't even bend over.

See how the roller blades came in handy?
Making things move a little?

And I can't say enough about the elastic waists on the new shorts.

Everything happens for a reason.

4 comments:

Nichole W. said...

I got those shorts, too! They are quite nice.

JodyM said...

You. crack. me. up!

Kim said...

1. Gotta get me some of those shorts. Maybe then I could give back my husband's basketball shorts.

2. You'll get on the blades, but not on a bike? Crazy.

Scott said...

Glad to see you guys FINALLY made it to Tucanos! I think I'm heading there myself today with my team. Feeling the fat and happy coming on already!!