Saturday, May 16, 2009

Chicken Salad

Here is one of my favorite summer recipes.
I think it must be chick food.
I can usually get my family to eat it once...and then I am eating the leftovers every day for lunch for like a whole week straight.

It makes a lot.

It is good for a couple of days, and then the craisins swell up, and the cashews get soggy.

If you have leftovers, invite some girlfriends over.
They will appreciate it.

Chicken Salad
1 rotisserie chicken (pick the meat off and chop it up)
1 lb diced celery (I use the leaves too)
1 c. craisins
1 c. chopped cashews

Dressing:
1 qt mayo (you will use almost the whole thing, I used fat free and it was great)
1 T. onion powder
1 T. sugar
1 t. salt
1 1/2 t. pepper
1/2 t. curry powder

Mix all ingredients together with a couple cups of the mayo. Fold into salad. Add more mayo if it looks dry.

Slice open croissants and stuff with salad.
Eat.

4 comments:

Amy Sorensen said...

mmmmmm....I love chicken salad. I can't put anything good in mine though (like, craisins, cashews, celery, almonds, grapes, or anything else) because The Pickies would not eat. Even my HUSBAND won't eat chicken salad with anything other than chicken, mayo, and lemon pepper. Well, and a slice of Swiss cheese. Sigh. I have a difficult life. ;)

Those would be Costco croissants, oui?

Peg Graham said...

YUM!!!!!!!!!

laura vegas said...

that sounds really good right now! minus the craisins though. and i'd probably add the cashews in when i ate it ... i hate anything that gets soggy in any way. gotta have the crunch!

Elder Cooper Smith said...

Thanks for the recipe I will try anything for something new out of the usual rut of meals we eat.