Saturday, May 09, 2009

Happy Pre-Mother's Day

I am preparing early.

Mother's Day dinner. Check!
(pasta salad, deviled eggs, and stuff ready for the BBQ grill.)
Gifts for my Mom and MIL. Check!
Cards for above. Check!
Church lesson. Check!
Cards for my Young Women to give to their moms. Check!
Clean house. Check!
(as clean as we get here...)
Clean van. Check!
(the kids were all too excited to put on their swim suits and smear the dirt around.)

I might actually have a good day tomorrow!


Last year, I wrote Haiku's. HERE.

Here was my rant from 2007. HERE.

I have a history of crappy Mother's Days.
This year I am determined to have a good day!
I am practicing the art of positive thinking.

I WILL BE GRATEFUL!
I WILL BE APPRECIATED!
I WILL FEEL LOVED!
I WILL HAVE A NAP!

I will report back.

Raising my glass of Fresca to all the moms out there...
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!
Hope it is a good one for you.

"The story of a mother's life: Trapped between a scream and a hug."
--Cathy Guisewite

2 comments:

Jen Gallacher said...

I'm waiting on pins and needles to hear that it went well. :)

Lora3677 said...

I love that quote... and I'm hoping all went well. :)