Monday, January 14, 2008

Compliments that are also burns.

What do you call these?
I know people mean well, but sometimes you just aren't sure how to respond to certain statements.

Some recent gems:

"WOW! That is so awesome you actually get paid to do THAT!" (Said about my scrapbooking projects)

"I honestly didn't think you had THAT MUCH weight to lose!" (Said about my recent 25 pound drop)

"You look so great for having five kids!" (Um, what if I didn't have ANY kids? Then would I look like crap?)

I always just smile and say "Thanks." And pacify myself with a 100 calorie pack.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you know they have 100 calorie pack GIRL SCOUT COOKIES now? They are little cinnamon thingies - very yummy. My five-year-old ate three packs the other day... I'm guessing I'd need the whole box myself. There goes my diet.

laura vegas said...

i've gotten a couple of comments like that. you're like "thank you ... i think?!?!" lol!

Sara said...

Yeah I've gotten those kind of comments too & want to deck 'em! They must have no inner voice in their heads shouting "DON'T SAY THAT!!" LOL!!

I agree with Lisa T--those cinnamon Girl Scout cookies are good!!

Anonymous said...

You really look good for your age.

KD said...

This sounds like things I would wonder about. Then my DH would say something to the effect of... well... don't take it so personally! (such a man)