Thursday, January 03, 2008

I am awesome.

Not only do I grow great hair...but...

I got a call late yesterday afternoon from one of my manufacturers with a last minute project request.

Of course I said yes. The trip fund is low ever since Cancun.

So the box of product gets sent overnight.

It had to be some sort of holiday themed home decor project. I can't be more specific until the segment airs, then I can share the goods. Anyway, Sam wanted me to go out with him and see a movie that night. We saw National Treasure II, which was entertaining, but that's about it, IMO.

Anyway, periodically during the movie, I am running ideas through my brain. I multi-task like that. I also thought about laundry. Working on that today too.

I had an idea so we stopped off at Target on the way home to grab some stuff for my project.

Next morning.

The Brown Truck drops off my package at 11:30. I open the box. Right then my manufacturer calls to make sure I got it...and also, that they had someone in my area checking on the new catalog...and possibly could they pick up the finished projects? (!!)

I needed to complete one project. Make another duplicate project half-way done, to be completed on air. And another duplicate, with all the fixin's un-adhered to possibly be completed on air. Three projects. Plus instructions.

So I crank on some tunes and dig in.

I meet the guy at 1:30 for the drop.

Two hours, people. Two hours!

But the real miracle here is that in that same two hours, I also showered, got dressed AND did my hair and make-up.

I think I need a medal of some sort.

8 comments:

Sharyn said...

there will be no medals until we see the end result. Of all things accomplished. hair. shower. assignment.

I'm hard core.

laura vegas said...

i bow down to you shaunte! i would have totally panicked ... my mind doesn't work like that. lol!

Anonymous said...

Ah, another get-it-done kind of girl... love it!

Sara said...

I'm with Laura...I could never work like that. You can time manage like it's nobody's business!! Can't wait to see your work of art!!

Anonymous said...

...and people called me 'anal' for being so efficent for Getaway? Dude! hehehehehe!!!!

Can't wait to see it!!!

Mickey Family said...

bowing down to you.....seriously.

Anonymous said...

geez!! You go girl! That is amazing turn around.

Vee said...

yes m'am you do, bless your heart!!
i would have been a mess, scrap all that and you expect me to shower, don't think so, hehehehe :)