Monday, January 07, 2008

Impossible Pie

When I was a little girl, (in 1976 to be exact) I used to beg my mom to make this pie. I just thought it was awesome, and I could actually "help" make it. We found the recipe for it in The Friend and the recipe is still online, I looked it up.

I had forgotten about this pie, and found it in some old recipes. I made it last night with the kids. I mostly just instructed them, they can make it themselves. The coolest thing about it, is that you just throw everything into the blender, buzz it for a minute, and then dump it into the pie plate.

The pie separates while baking into a crust, and then a custardy-flan-ish middle, and the coconut floats to the top and toasts. It is quite delicious, and like I said before...entertaining for the kidlets.

Here is the recipe:
1 c. coconut
2 c. milk
4 eggs
1/2 c. butter
2 t. vanilla
3/4 c. sugar
1/3 c. flour
Spray pie tin with pam. Dump everything into the blender. Blend. Pour into the pie tin. Bake 45 min. at 350.

Enjoy that.

In other news, I have been cranking out scrappy stuff. I can't share anything. It's kinda a bummer. CHA winter stuff can't be seen until after the trade show is over, and the QuicKutz stuff I have been doing is for the trade show and the February releases. Sigh.

I will share when I can.

I am thinking about getting a perm. What do we think of that? Opinions?

4 comments:

Erin Koch said...

Please-step away from the perming rods! I made that colossal mistake not too long ago and when I went to see my regular stylist she barely wanted to have me in her chair- like the "perm" might run off and jinx it. They never look like real, big, full bouncy curls- crunchy friz- is what my sisters calls it! Wow that was really negative- you decide it's your hair. hehe

Anonymous said...

Oh dear, I have to agree with Erin here... unless you're just feeling desperately nostalgic for 1985, I'd say stay away from the perm. Crunchy frizz is a good description, because those chemicals fry your hair, and to add insult to injury the curls never look how you hoped.

Anonymous said...

Love this recipe too!!!

As far as the perm, well...I would ask a professional...a really good professional. Get your hair in condition using Cholestorol from a beuty supply store. Expect to pay good money for a good job, otherwise...don't do it.

laura vegas said...

ok, melissa and erin just said what i was thinking ... but probably wouldn't have said. lol! doesn't your hair have some curl to it? like scrunching it? funny ... i swear i just dreamed last night that one of my daycare moms came one morning with a super tight perm. lol!