Sunday, September 09, 2007

already skinnier.

Saturday I joined Weight Watchers.

I figure I needed to be accountable to someone else for my weight to be successful. I am always too nice to myself...I have a hard day, and have EARNED that chocolate cake. Yes! And as much as you want too, because you gathered alllll the laundry.

So now I have to weigh in every week, and pay my 12 bucks, and wouldn't it be embarrassing and also a waste of money if I didn't lose each week?

I hope it works. I am ready for a change. I wear a size 1-2. Although some folks pronounce that "twelve."

The office is located conveniently in a strip mall right next to Little Caesars Pizza. So sometimes during the meetings, you know, when they are bearing their testimony of the goodness of cabbage with a light and fat-free vinaigrette, the smell of hot pepperoni and cheese laden pizza wafts in through the cracks in the wall. Awesome location for that pizza joint. I think they even have brown bags at the door for your head, if you want to order right after your weigh-in, incognito like.

On the table in the meeting room, they have different convenience foods out on a table that are low in points. We had to laugh a little, cause they are just the boxes or cans, not real food. I am pretty sure in the past they have had some poor lady melt-down right there on the carpet and tear into those uncooked noodles like a starved animal.

After my initial meeting, the instructor left, and there were these fall recipes all around the room. My friend and I were writing the recipes down. I looked around the room to find something to write on, and grabbed this bookmark from a box full of bookmarks off of the desk. I wrote the Pumpkin Spice cookie recipe on it.

Later that evening when I was reading some of the material they gave us, I noticed the rewards and recognition they do at the meetings. When you lose 10 percent of your body weight, you get a brass keyring. Cheesy, but when I think of losing that 10 percent, I bet that keyring will mean something. I WANT THAT KEYRING!

Heck, they even give you a reward for making it ONE WEEK.

Guess what it is? A bookmark.

The one I stole.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just think, by Christmas we'll be in a size 10.-Laura

Anonymous said...

Uh, Shaunte...I'm like two of you!

Looks like WW is something I need to do also. I'm so ready to weigh all this 'gravy train' in front of total strangers and pay money for it!!!! S-W-E-E-T! (I say this as I just ate a Ho Ho for breakfast).

All8 said...

I received your card today. Thanks so much for cute card and the Burt's Bees lip shimmer. So fun!

Last I heard, Alecia's in Colorado and that Lisa's in Alpine, but who knows. Aren't you glad that high school is over and you don't ever have to go back or to be that person again!!!!!! Do you still see people we went to school with?

So, what are you going to do when you earn your bookmark? I am so right there with you. I've noticed myself checking out the industrial underwear racks. Hmmmm, tummy control for my meatloaf or something to stop the thunder of thighs out of control???? Or asking the sales associate, "Does this come in a body suit?" "Full warranty?"

It was nice to hear from you. Talk to you later.

Janet O. said...

BAHAHA! That is hilarious. So are you going to take an extra bookmark next week? LOL!!!

Mimi said...

Some people just pronounce it wrong, sigh.

Best wishes, losing weight last year was the best thing I have ever done for myself (aside from getting married)