Monday, September 24, 2007

Converting to Vista

Stuff that really pisses me off. Some of my computer accessories, you know that I JUST BOUGHT don't work with Vista unless you download a patch or a plug-in. So I have been doing nothing but re-installing all the chit on my computer, and wasting a whole lot of time doing so.

This one takes the cake:
Here is my "contact us" online customer service ticket, which was received in India or Pakistan. My customer service agent was named "Chiranjib."

hp e-mail support
language_code : en
language : English
Country of Residence : United States
product_line : 4X
product_oid : 1849439
product_name : HP Scanjet G3010 Photo Scanner
part_number : L1985A
purchase month : 8
purchase year : 2006
problem area : other
serial number : CN715A560M
operating system : winvistahomebasic64
What software application are you using? : hp sCANJET g3010 pHOTO sCANNER hp pHOTOTSMART soFTWARE
problem description :

Hello.
I purchased this scanner solely for the purpose of being able to stitch two images together into one image.

Previously, I used the feature on the software called "Create" and then"Panorama."

However, recently I purchased a new computer with Vista (my older computer was a WIndows XP) and since the change, the program no longer has the "Create" and "Panorama" option. I have uninstalled, and re-installed the driver you recommend online for Windows VIsta, and neither option has the ability to stitch at all.

This scanner, like I said, was purchased for that reason only. Is there a patch, or something you can provide me with to allow me this function?

I am very frusterated and disappointed to have this feature missing with Vista.

troubleshooting : Mentioned above.
setting changes : Mentioned above.
first name : Shaunte
last name : Wadley

And HP's response:

Hello Shaunte,

Thank you for contacting HP Total Care.

On reading your e-mail I understand you are unable to stitch two images together into one image on windows vista.

I sincerely regret the inconvenience caused and the level of discomfort experienced by you.

Shaunte, at present we do not have the patch to resolve this issue as the software worked with XP it clearly indicates that there is some issue with the vista operating system. if a patch is released by HP then we would definitely get back to you.

If you need further assistance, please reply to this message and we will be happy to assist you further.

For information on keeping your HP and Compaq products up and running, please visit our Web site
at:
http://www.hp.com/go/totalcare



Sincerely,
Chiranjib
HP Total Care

And my response to their response:

Chiranjib-
Really?

What you are saying then, is that I have purchased a HP product that is barely a year old and now obsolete to me, because HP is unwilling to upgrade software? Wow. That is awesome customer service. This will definitely influence my future purchase decisions. I will be sure to forward this e-mail conversation to all my contacts and online forums to let them know how "helpful" HP is when upgrading to windows Vista.

All my other computer accessories had patches and/or plug-ins for Vista, and now function properly.

I hope you will forward this to your manager, or anyone else who might actually care. HP needs to get with the times, as most PC operating systems will eventually be Vista.
What a complete and utter disappointment.


So basically, I am stuck with a scanner that will not work on my computer. Sorry, ma'am. So that leaves me the option of last night, when I needed to get some layouts scanned in and e-mailed.
I can:
1- Scan both halves of my 12x12, and just e-mail them. The recipient can just use their imagination to see how pretty the finished product might look, you know NOT SPLIT DOWN THE MIDDLE!
or:
2- Take digital photos of the layouts, which I have to upload to the computer, edit, crop, resize, and THEN e-mail to myself so I can have them on my new computer. And why is that last step necessary? Oh yeah, cause my new computer DOES NOT recogize my card reader OR MY CANON CAMERA. But the old one does. So I have to upload everything downstairs, and e-mail it upstairs.

It's a good thing I don't drink.
And it's a good thing that HP outsources their customer service to another country, one that I couldn't use my free flights to get to easily. With a gun.

9 comments:

Amy B. said...

I was jealous of your new computer. Not so much jealous now.

Sorry, I know this comment is in no way helpful

Mickey Family said...

That stinks, Swad! I know what type of computer my next one WON'T be!

Anonymous said...

Shante - Sorry to hear of your troubles. I should have told you to NOT get Vista as there are many problems with this OS.

Randy

Lora3677 said...

yep.... DH and I have been providing tons of tech support to switch people back to XP from Vista... it sucks!

Anonymous said...

i was thinking the same thing amy b. said ... not so much wanting a new computer anymore. lol! definately too much work and frustration involved. because when it comes to computer stuff ... i pretty much have the same luck you're having. lol!

{Susan...Seriously.} said...

ohmigosh!!! dh got a new laptop with vista and it has given him nothing but problems...we WON'T be upgrading the other laptop, nor the desktop anytime soon. and i have an hp scanner AND printer...good to know. what a pain!

photographer said...

this is why i have kept my old computer! vista is the worst. i hope it gets resolved quickly for all of us. none of my hardware is compatible, even tho all of it works fine on XP. dang computer people! anything to make you buy more stuff. i am sorry!

Anonymous said...

My tech geek DH refuses to go to Vista. I had a similar experience with HP recently. They suck eggs.

Anonymous said...

Earlier this year we purchased a new 'puter with Vista and ultimately switched back to Windows because of the major Pain in the Butt Vista is. None of my software applications worked as is. So sorry you are having to experience this too. What the hell is the deal with Vista?!!! Renae