Sunday, September 30, 2007

finding miracles

I know my posts as of late, have been on the ranting lunatic side, so I thought for a Sunday evening I would switch up my PMSing with a few recent miracles I have recognized.

You know, there are small tender mercies everyday in our lives, if we choose to look... (the link is an older LDS talk on the subject of tender mercies, and sums it all up much more eloquently than I ever could.

Here are my miracles from this week.

1- Busting all weekend long to get my laundry to a manageable heap. I ran a load through the washer, and was loading that batch into the dryer when the cycle was finished. Out clunked two fountain pens, and one of my Burt's Bees Lipsticks. NO laundry damage done! And they clunked out pre-dryer. I am counting that as a tender mercy. I have not been in the mood to Martha Stewart my laundry up.

2- Went to Walmart for my vitamins. They were out. I happened to look on the shelf above my vitamin spot, and lo and behold, someone had put a bottle in the wrong spot, and there it was. The last bottle in the store! MINE!

3- Driving to the post office to mail a package, getting all the way up to the front of the line and realizing that I left my debit card at home. Digging through my purse, I found enough quarters and various change to pay for the package.

4- While out running errands, the Suburban was acting funky. Every time it would slow down, (to stop at a light, or stop-sign) the engine would die. I would have to re-start it. Plus, I lost the power steering and brakes. It did this at every stop. It was raining, and cold, and I worried about walking or being stranded, and mostly for being that guy who has to get out and push their vehicle off the road to get it out of the way. It finally completely died in front of my own house.

5- Having a mechanically inclined husband, who took the suburban out to fix it, and single handedly figured out the $80.00 install it needed to run fabulously again.

A tank of gas.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am pretty new to your blog, but I have to tell you that you totally crack me up!

Sara said...

OK I'm sorry but I'm here CRACKING up about miracle #5!! If that were my hubby he'd NEVER let me forget it! I have to say I'm glad that wasn't me--this time! LOVE your blog!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the laugh. I totally needed it!

Anonymous said...

You are freaking hilarious!!!!!!

Mickey Family said...

So funny! And way to put it into perspective, Wadley!!!