Saturday, September 22, 2007

saturday randomness

I weighed in today.

Down another 2 pounds. I was disappointed. I am a measly 1/2 pound away from a five pound sticker to put on my bookmark! I wanted everyone to clap and cheer for ME! (How pathetic is it when an adult woman waaaaants a sticker(!)) It's my own fault, cause my bladder was full, I was chewing gum, my hair was still wet, and I wore a padded bra. <---don't you think that is about .8 pounds? Yes?

There were some ladies in the meeting that had gained...so my disappointment was short-lived.

In other news:


I haven't edited then yet, but we took a drive yesterday up the canyon to see the changing leaves. I love autumn, it is my favorite time of year.
I love sweatshirts and fuzzy slippers, hearty stews and steaming mugs of hot chocolate. The smell of Pumpkin Spice candles. Bubble baths to take the chill off. Nights where all the kids are in the house, watching a movie or playing a game. Throwing blankets over the heater vent to make a warm air tent, and curling up with a book. Comfort.

You can smell it in the air now, at night...the cold coming on. I am so ready.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

FALL...my favorite time of year also. You are going to love Getaway. Fall at the beach is awesome too! I think I'll make something pumkin-y during Getaway to make the upstairs smell FALL-ish...hehehe.

hugs!

All8 said...

Beautiful pics! Knock it off, you're making me miss living out west. Fall is coming bit by bit here, but it's still pretty warm. Can't wait to wear sweaters and eat hearty, sans guilt.

Alex said...

I can't believe your leaves have turned already! You lucky dog!!