Monday, October 27, 2008

Anti-Procrastination Day

Today I called the dentist.

The whole family, not just me, are overdue by six months.
We haven't been in for a year.
I have been meaning to set us all appointments.
Since school let out least year, actually.
Every time I would pick up the phone to call, I could hear the whir of the drill in my head, and the taste of that gaggy fluoride rinse disguised in a watery melon flavored backwash.
The smell!
My heart would start pounding, and I would get sweaty.
So I would put the phone down.
Shiver.
And walk away.
I know I am a wuss.
I just hate the dentist!

So today, I decided that it was either scrub bathrooms, or call the dentist.
BY HELMET! Something was going to GET DONE TODAY!
My toilets lost.

And get this:
They had a cancellation, and we are all going in TOMORROW!
Lucky? Nope.
Ugh.
I think it is the dental Gods knowing that if I had more than 24 hours, I would probably wuss out and cancel.

So whatever you do tomorrow, at least it is better than what I am going to be doing.

9 comments:

laura vegas said...

hilarious! i hate the dentist too. it's not a pain thing ... it's the sound of the drills and stuff. omg ... i'm getting shivers just thinking about it. lol! everytime i have an appt coming up ... i call and say i have to reschedule ... but that i can't commit to something "right now" because i have too much going on in my life. and i do this over and over ... until i finally cave and take care of it. good luck tomorrow ... better you than me! lol!

Jenn said...

p.s. I would rather go to the dentist than clean bathrooms anyday!!

7packofbearss said...

I hate the dentist. I hate the bathrooms too, but given my choice I would have clean bathrooms. I haven't been to the dentist in years, luckily my bathrooms have not been as neglected as my teeth. Good Luck!!!

Amy said...

Ok tried to post this earlier from the crackberry but it didn't work.
I hate the dentist too and I so feel your pain. I had a filling done last Thursday and this Thursday I have a root canal scheduled. Seriously!
I feel your pain.

All8 said...

I'm with Jenn on this one. Dentist over bathrooms, any day. Except for the anxiety of how I'm going to pay for it all. Ouch.

Kim said...

I used to hate going to the dentist because of the pain in my mouth. Now I hate it because of the pain in my checkbook. Ouch! Hope you have dental insurance, cause we sure don't.

Deneen said...

so funny I hate going to the dentist too and we just made our whole family appointments too. I am also a Registered Dental Assistant however I found that was not the career for me so my license is currently inactive. I couldn't stand the smell LOL

Sara said...

um yeah I'd pick the bathrooms over the dentist hands down!! I do NOT like going to the dentist!! Funny my girls actually LIKE going!!

Sharyn said...

I just read the last 20 entries of your blog (I'm so far behind) totally made my month!