Sunday, October 05, 2008

I bought the shoes.

They are like disco balls, 'cept for your feet..all glittery and tacky.
I can't stop loving them.

Totally enjoyed "church at home" today.
General Conference.
Wish they did that every week.

For my non-LDS friends:
General conferences are conducted each April and October and comprise five two-hour meetings held over two days. The April meetings are called annual conferences and those in October, semiannual.

Church leaders speak on a variety of topics from the gospel of Jesus Christ. They address Latter-day Saints as well as government, faith and community representatives and other conference guests. Speakers include the worldwide leader of the Church, President Thomas S. Monson, members of the First Presidency, the governing body of the Church, the Quorum of Twelve Apostles and other leaders. They encourage individuals and families to live by the principles and doctrines of the Church.


*copied from LDS newsroom

The best part, is that in my area it is televised.

There were some really great speakers this round. I especially loved Saturday's sessions.

Anyway...in the scrappy scene, I have been super busy, but can't really share a lot, cause I am working on some stuff for a book deal I was asked to contribute to.

But here is some Bo Bunny/ QuicKutz stuff I can share. (I think?)


Just so this post isn't so text-heavy.

On the to-do list this week:
1- Take head shots of the kids for "School Pictures."
Last year I paid out a fortune to The Chicken Man, and this year I am taking my own pictures.

2- Get my scrapping stuff together for my scrapbook retreat to the OBX in a week and a half??! Eeek! Getaway is creeping up, isn't it?

3- Also check flights. Heh.

4- Call the dentist. We have not been for a year. I just HATE. IT.
5- Get on the treadmill. Make up for the 17 chocolate chip cookies I ate during Conference.

2 comments:

All8 said...

Yeah, we quit buying school pics too. When I have to photoshop it to make it so that you can actually see which kid it is, it's time to pocket my check book. I guess it was a good thing that we bought the CD. Of course it took till December and several phone calls and emails and finally threats to get them too. So, no, Thank You!

I think that you should do a post on your school photo shoot session.

Shannon said...

Holy crap! I remember the chicken guy. He came to my school, too. I don't buy the school pics, either. They're pretty much crap. Love your shoes by the way. And since you don't know me at all, hope you don't mind that I've been commenting.