Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Good Mail Day.


I got a layout picked up a couple of days ago by Memory Makers Magazine.
They are out-sourcing their imaging now, which means that my layout goes to a digital imaging company, and not to the magazine itself.

This could be a good thing. The company also takes care of mailing the layouts back to the submitters.

They have a really cool system, these digital imaging people...you enter all your information online, and then hit "Print Label." It automatically prints two UPS labels, one is to be included in your package as your return label.

The best part?
Free for me.

The digital image company foots the bill for both packages. Cool! No more out of pocket expense for me to send the requested layouts and documentation.

So I happily mailed my *free* package yesterday.

And today, UPS shows up at my door.
With my package.
Apparently I attached the return mailing label to the package, and in essence mailed the package TO MYSELF.

And the guy remembered me.
He said, "Didn't you drop this package off yesterday?"
And I said, "Yes, I did. I just wanted to make sure I would have a good mail day today."

Sigh.


Needless to say, I switched the stupid labels, and re-sent it today.
Dorkville. Population: Me.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I just love you exactly the way you are. :D And here I was upset because there's no good comedy on TV tonight.

Jen

Jennifer Stewart said...

LOL....ok, dork ME. That was ME on the previous comment! :D

Jen

Amy B. said...

ROFLOL! totally something I would have done. Hey, any package is a good mail day, right?

Anonymous said...

totally sounds like something I would do LOL

Wendy Lojik said...

Oh that is a good one!

Anonymous said...

I can always count on your blog for a good laugh!!

laura vegas said...

i can totally see myself doing the same thing. lol! but sounds like a great system ... mailing off layouts is something i dread sometimes! anything that makes that easier is a good thing!

Anonymous said...

I'll send you some Flair for that...check it out n facebook in a little bit.

smooches~ from one Dork to another!

Peg....who's 'super excited' about Getaway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

snicker

Kasey said...

I am not laughing at you. I am laughing with you!

Lora3677 said...

ROFL!!!! oh my.... you always make me smile....

Truly A Tinkerbell said...

Shaunte,
Here I thought that you were the absolutely PERFECT one in Elem. School and Junior High.(Remember Ms. Olsen!!!) I guess we all make funny mistakes.I always knew even way back then that you would be doing something like this. You were always so creative and a total perfectionist even back then!
I haave viewed some of you're pages and blog's and you are so talented! have a great day. Shawna

Truly A Tinkerbell said...

Shaunte,
Please excuse the typo's in the previous comment. I was holding a wiggly baby!