Saturday, October 11, 2008

Finally took the kids School Pics:

Have you met my husband?
Could Jayden be any more Sam?
He acts like him too.
He hit Junior High this year, and for as much as I sweated it, he is actually enjoying himself and doing well. (Knock on wood.)
He is due for a growth spurt here in a bit.
He and Brendan are the same size right now.
And, they have actually been pretty good friends.
Make a Mom's heart swell...to see all that brotherly love...
Could just be that Jayden is now fully aware that Brendan could hold his own in a rumble, if not kick his trash.
Ahhh, payback.

Here is Brendan.
He is the family and class clown.
I think it might be his size seven shoes.
Yes, folks. Men's size seven, and he is in 5th Grade.
They fit his feet, although they look huge compared to his body.
Clown feet.
He is hilarious though, and this year, it is all about learning his comedic timing.
Popping off during the Iowa tests: Not Appropriate
Performing Stand-up at recess: Appropriate
During dinner: Not Appropriate when Mom just took a drink of milk.

Shianne is my struggle right now.
Thanks Mom.
"I hope you have a kid just like you one day."
Except she isn't exactly like me.
She doesn't care much about school.
Everything is "good enough" for her.
This doesn't jive well with my anal-retentive side.
It has been a rough year.
I pray a lot.
She is teaching me patience. And understanding, compassion, the art of "take a deep breath", letting the little things go, and renewed caffeine addiction.
Diet this time.

Shayne is a good kid.
He and Shianne are in 4th Grade.
We always save his teacher for last on parent teacher night.
That way when we are fully depressed and contemplating giving our children up to the state for their own good, because we fail to enforce the mandatory 20 minute reading torture every night of our lives...
We hit Shayne's class.
His teacher always raves about him. How helpful and kind he is! How he tutors the slower kids in his class! He is always happy! And on task!
I sometimes wonder if they did a little switcheroo in the hospital when we brought him home. He doesn't really fit into our dysfunctional profile.

This is Miss Mikayla, our Kindergartner who is rapidly becoming smarter than her parents. Her teacher knows everything...and is so beautiful, and so wonderful. School has taught Mikayla the word "Hello." As in..."Mom, I need my lunch now...HELLO?" Or "MOM! Go find my backpack...Hello?"

It's just fantastic.

I love this age though, when they still have all their little baby teeth, you know, cause they are still babies...

Pretty soon she will start losing teeth, and then have a mouth full of too-large cream-colored Chiclets like her siblings.

So there you have it.
And I saved about $100.00 taking my own pictures.
Take that Chickenman!...Hello?!

10 comments:

Jenn said...

I miss your kids, I loved being their primary teacher and Shane made me love Cubs!! Something I never thought would happen in this lifetime!! Good job on the pictures, I am all for putting the chicken man out of business. Last spring, Cassidy's school for a fundraiser sold these $10 certificates from this joint. It was the biggest waste of my time, literally it was a joke. I left there not buying a thing, I should have lit my 10$ on fire before I walked in the door. That would have been funner.

Cori Henderson said...

I think they turned out way better than chickenman could have done 'em! Your quite the photographer. Cute kids!!

Mag Family said...

I love the pics, they turned out really cute. I miss subbing Brenden's class this year. He kept me on my toes.

laura vegas said...

love the pics shaunte! i was just saying today that i needed to still take the "official" soccer pics ... since i didn't order any. and then the girls reminded me that i also have to take the "official" school pics. and maybe even "official" birthday pics. we'll schedule it all for the same day! lol!

and my oldest is the same as your oldest. same size as her little sister (who is 3 years younger). we keep saying she's due for a growth spurt ... we've been saying that for a few years now! lol!

Anonymous said...

How sweet are these children?
Too sweet!!!

I think you take way better photos than ANY school photographer.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous photos Shaunte!!! ALL your kids have your beautiful smiling eyes!!! Yes, I lurk on your site, always having a smile on my face at all your stories. I love keeping up with you and your family. Remember me? PBP DT (jacquie)...I didn't have the pleasure of spooning with you...but together we witnessed some strange noices and smells behind the curtain next to the PBP booth! Remember that??? LOL!!!

All8 said...

Just beautiful Shaunte`! Take that Chickenman!

Wendy Lojik said...

I am going to call you Chicken Woman!

Paige and Jason said...

Your kids are really cute! You are a wonderful Photographer.

Amy B. said...

great pics and cute kids. :)

I stopped buying school pictures years ago and have never regretted it. Now I need to just get the pics done this year. Hopefully this weekend.