Monday, October 20, 2008

Senses

If you had to lose one of your five senses, which one would you choose?

I always thought that smell would probably be my pick, after living with my boys, and their socks and a husband who played Hockey. Are there any Hockey mom's out there? Seriously, there is not a worse smell in the world than Hockey stuff.

Then I realized how much I like smells.


That I pay extra for good smells, and how much even a new fabric softener can make me excited about LAUNDRY!

So here is my Ode to Smells that I like lately:

My first one is the Method line of dish soap.
Especially the Pink Grapefruit one. I don't mind washing the occasional pan now. With all that citrus-y foamy goodness...


And speaking of soaps...I love Bath and Body Works.
I love to go into their store in the mall, and go over to their little white sink, and just wash my hands. Try out the new fragrances, put on some new lotion...it's kinda weird, I know this. But my girls like it too. And my boys, although they pretend to grumble and stuff.

My favorite soap is the White Tea and Ginger. But those scent-decision-making BUTTS at Bath and Body Works have discontinued it.
BRING IT BACK!!
Please?




Here is another Bath and Body Works product.
I got this from Ponica for my birthday. At first I thought it smelled like a grandma. But I really like it now. It smells better on, than in the bottle, and the scent lasts a long time.
I use it.
My cuticles no longer look like fringe around my nails.
And I smell like a sexy grandma.



Why don't I just live at B&BW?
Yet another product. The Wallflowers.
And my favorite is Creamy Nutmeg. It is just a subtle spicy scent. It is pretty, but makes me crave cookies.
I have been baking a lot.







Sam almost will not buy this fabric softener because of the bear.
He hates this bear! I think he has some deep-rooted issues. Who can hate the Snuggle Bear?
It's cute!
It's fluffy-soft!

I am loving the new scents of the Exhilaration's line.
I love the White Lavender and Sandalwood.
I washed all my bedding last week, and all my blankets smell delicious.
I wish I could wash the couch.
That would be cool.







I don't use salon products on my hair.
Whew! I said it! I use cheap drugstore crap.
I like it.
It works for me.
My hair is durable. And dang if I don't really love the smell of Herbal Essences. I like all of them, and switch the scents up. Makes me happy in the morning.



And that is saying a lot.







Here is the perfume I wear.
My Mom and I found it one day at Kohls.
We were sniffing the perfumes.
Mom originally chose it for the bottle, but then we both chose it for it's soft floral fragrance that melts into the skin with soft notes of lotus flower, gardenia and pink peony, exotic blossoms such as tuberose, rose de mai, and orange flower enriched with musk, ambrette, and sandalwood. Heh.





And this is the body wash I love.
Again, cheap crap, but so yummy.
You will want to drink it. Resist that urge. I have it on good authority that it doesn't taste like it smells.
And it burns mouth canker sores.
So, there you have it. Why I just couldn't trade in my sense of smell.
Not for all the three-day-old socks in the world.

6 comments:

Mag Family said...

Hey I love creamy nutmeg too. But I also really like sweet pumpkin spice especially in the fall. And I also have Blue. I love it. But here is where we differ - I am a hair product snob. I only use salon product. That is why we are poor.

laura vegas said...

i think my girls soccer stuff could give your hockey stuff a run for it's money. lol! alyssa will take off her cleats and shin-guards on the way home from practice ... in the back row of the van. and it is enough to knock me off my tush. it is HORRID! lol!

i'm an herbal essence girl too ... and love that it's cheap. i get the salon stuff free from our hair-dresser grandma ... and it doesn't work as well anyway. lol! love the bath and body too! i actually use the hand soaps on my face. lol!

Anonymous said...

Love the bath and body works stuff my favorites are Sweet Pea and Moonlight path oh and cucumber melon. I have the hand sanitizer on my desk at work and I swear that is one reason I rarely get sick from the kids at my school.

Anonymous said...

OK quit with the promos. My wife keeps reading your blog and wants to be you. Her hair is not so durable. Really liked the workout story - it was "sheer" enjoyment. Can we keep a link to your blog even though we dont know you? Any suggestions for stinky horse manure? Will the bear get that smell out? Sam, your onto something.

Amy Sorensen said...

I am a fan of Snuggle, too. Downey makes me gag, I'm not sure why, but ewww. Snuggle all the way. My favorite B&BW is the midnight pomegranate. Even though I always have to look up how to spell pomegranate.

Paige and Jason said...

I am the biggest sucker for yummy smells. I think I own 30 different perfumes, 30 different lotions from Bath and Body and Victoria's secret. I also have a whole cubbord full of candles and oils for my home. Yeah I had to compleatly agree with your last post. :-)